Terms & Conditions
- The club shall be known as DW Sports Fitness Club. Management reserve the right to change rules, terms and conditions of the club without prior notice.
- Management reserve the right to change fees and payments for the good and benefit of the club.
- Membership cards remain the property of the club and all members will be required to show cards on each and every visit.
- Members will conduct themselves in a quiet, well mannered fashion at all times.
- Members who appear intoxicated will be refused entry.
- The management reserve the right to refuse entry at all times and to terminate memberships with immediate effect.
- Members expelled will forfeit all privileges of membership.
- Any complaints unresolved at the time of incident will be referred to and dealt with by the manager.
- The club shall be entitled to make alterations, carry out repairs or maintenance without prior notice, though of course, every consideration will be made to minimise inconvenience.
- The club shall not be responsible for the personal belongings of the members or visitors.
- Additional charges of up to £25 may be incurred for any unpaid Direct Debits.
- No refunds for non-usage of clubs facilities.
- Photograph compulsory.
- The club reserves the right to amend the terms & conditions from time to time.
- Members can only suspend their membership once their initial 6 month commitment has passed.
- Unpaid Direct Debits will be reclaimed on or just after 10th of relevant claim month without prior written or verbal notice.
- Members must be a named account holder of the account to be debited and be the only person required to authorise debits.
- Members must use their home club 80% of the time.
- Members can only cancel their membership once their 6 month initial contract has ended. One full months calendar notice is required; by definition one calendar months notice is a full direct debit. A member cannot cancel whilst in suspension period.
- Senior members must be 60+ years old and must produce documentation as proof when joining. Restricted times only for senior members, please see membership page for details.
Home Club Memberships
- Home Club memberships have a minimum 12 month contract.
- Available at DW Fitness Clubs: Barnsley, Bolton, Carlisle, Hull, Mansfield, Newport, North Shields, Northampton only.
- Offer only at available at Hull to new members, NOT existing members already in contract
- Available on standard peak and off peak membership rates only.
- Members that join on a home club membership are only permitted to use the club that they join.
- Members who join online at the afore mentioned clubs on the peak and off peak rates are subject to the 12 month home club membership.
- Members can only cancel their membership once their 12 month initial contract has ended. One full months calendar notice is required; by definition one calendar months notice is a full direct debit. A member cannot cancel whilst in suspension period.
- Members can only suspend once their initial 12 month commitment has passed.
- Standard terms and conditions apply
Student Membership Additional Terms and Conditions
- Students no joining fee.
- Minimum term of a pro rata and 2 full calendar months before any suspension is permitted.
- Students may suspend for free.
- Students are still required to give one full calendar months notice to cancel.
- They may suspend for a maximum of 3 periods (no length specified) within a 12 month period. Admin Managers to add event log and monitor.
- ID requirements are NUS card or letter headed from school or college.
- Startup date where possible must be given to return from suspension.
- Only those studying full time are eligible for the student membership rate. Those attending night school courses or day release to either College or University are not eligible.
- Students must have completed a minimum membership term of 2 full calendar months before any suspension is permitted.
- Any student membership suspensions are free of charge.
- Students may suspend their membership a maximum of 3 times (no length specified) within a 12 month period.
Fit4Teens Additional Terms and Conditions
- All contracts are for a period of 14months but have the right to cancel with effect from the end of the 6th month.
- ‘Fit4teens’ should be 14-15 years of age and must join with or be added to a parent or guardians DW Fitness club membership. Upon turning 16 years, your membership will change to standard student rate and the club will inform you of the changes.
- A Maximum of 2 teens on the fitforteen are permitted on to the adult membership.
- Only one joining fee is applicable and standard suspension rules apply.
- Teens must join on the same membership category as the parent/guardian (i.e. peak or off peak)
- Limited spaces available.
- Teens can use the club facilities without parental supervision, however the teen must undertake an induction upon joining supervised by the parent or guardian. Subsequently, any one-to-one
sessions involving the teen and a member of DW staff must also be supervised by the parent or guardian.
- Teens can use all facilities as per the ‘fit4teens’ terms and conditions with the exception of free weights, spinning, BODYPUMP or Pump FX classes.
- The management have the right to cancel any membership
- Offer only available in the clubs, not online.
Some subscriptions are for home club use only and are at the descretion of the management.
Member of one DW Sports Fitness Club, member of all (exclusions may apply)
Website images are for illustration purposes
A member or visitor engaging in the club activities or making use of its facilities are responsible for ensuring that he or she is properly equipped and that his or her state of health and physical condition are such as not to involve any risk to him or herself or any other person making use of the club. It is hereby understood and agreed the club accepts no responsibility for accident, injury, illness, loss or misadventure caused to or suffered by members or guests on the club premises howsoever caused. Only to the extent caused by the wilful default or negligence of the club, its servants or agents. Members are responsible for their own insurance in respect of injuries suffered, loss or damage to equipment.
Direct Debit Mandate Guarantee
This Guarantee is offered by all Banks and Building Societies that take part in the Direct Debit Scheme. The efficiency and security of the Scheme is monitored and protected by your own Bank or Building Society. If the amounts to be paid or payment dates change DW Sports will notify you 10 working days in advance of your account being debited or as otherwise agreed. If an error is made by DW Sports or your Bank or Building Society you are guaranteed a full and immediate refund from your branch of the amount paid. You can cancel a Direct Debit at any time by writing to your Bank or Building Society. Please also send a copy of your letter to us.
Please note only UK bank accounts are acceptable for Direct Debit payments.
Pre-Exercise Medical Screening
- Do you have a history of heart problems?
- Do you have a history of lung problems?
- Have you had chest pains or tightness in the chest?
- Do you suffer from exercise induced asthma or other respiratory problems?
- Do you suffer from headaches/fainting/ dizziness?
- Do you have pain/limited movement in any joint that could be made worse by a change in your physical activity?
- Do you have diabetes?
- Do you have epilepsy?
- Have you had a recent operation/chronic illness/injury?
- Are you pregnant / post natal?
- Do you know of any other reason why you should not do physical activity?
- Is there a history of heart problems in your family?
- Do you have high blood pressure?
- Do you have a back problem that could be made worse by a change in your physical activity?
- Do you smoke?
- Are you currently taking any medication?
- Does your child have bone or a joint problem which could be made worse by physical activity?
- Does your child suffer from asthma that adversely affects him or her during physical exercise?
- Do you know of any other reason why your child should not participate in or should take extra care when engaging in physical activity?
If you have answered yes to any questions 1-11, we strongly recommend that you obtain your doctor’s consent prior to exercise, and undertake an induction programme prior to using the facilities. If you have answered yes to questions 12-16, you are advised to limit your activities to a moderate intensity, and undertake an induction programme prior to using the facilities.
To ensure maximum physical fitness to you and to increase your safety within the fitness club, we strongly recommend that you undertake the supervised induction whatever your physical condition.
- I am aware of and understand the potential risks associated with physical exercise and I am voluntarily partaking in these activities with a knowledge thereof.
- I have had the opportunity to ask questions regarding activities, use of equipment, other related activities and to have the benefit of an induction programme. Any questions I have asked have been answered to my satisfaction.
- The questionnaire attached hereto has been completed to the best of my knowledge and belief.
- I understand that if there is a change in my condition at all, I must inform the Club Management in order that my training can be re-assessed.
- Without prejudice to the above, DW Sports Fitness Club accepts no liability for loss or damage of whatsoever nature and howsoever arising caused to me or suffered by me whilst on the premises, UNLESS such loss or liability is caused by the negligent act of the Club.
- I understand that ALL membership fees are non-refundable. I acknowledge that my membership is for a fixed period of 14 months however I can cancel my membership after the first 6 months by providing one full months calendar notice. I accept that I must give a full calendar month notice of cancellation. All members who wish to cancel their membership must do so in writing at their Club. Failure to do so will result in the claiming of another direct debit payment.
- I have read, understand and accept the rules, terms and conditions laid down by the club and agree to abide by them. I understand that the club may from time to time make changes to the club without prior notice.
Everything you need to get you started
Weekdays 6.30am – 10.00pm, Weekends 8.00am – 8.00pm, Bank Holidays - See members area for times.
When you join you will be given a loyalty card. You must bring your card on each and every visit. Your photograph will be taken. This will not appear on your loyalty card but will flash onto our computer screens to confirm your identity when you enter the club. Membership cards remain the property of DW Sports Plc and must be returned to the club if you cancel your membership.
What restrictions are there on the off peak membership
Off peak memberships are superb value for those members who can come during the quieter times of the day. It also gives you all day usage
every weekend. Off peak times are 8.30am – 4.30pm weekdays and 8.00am – 8.00pm weekends. Members can arrive no later than 4.15pm and must vacate the facilities by 5.00pm. Of course, the bar is open for you at any time.
You can cancel your membership after just 6 months. Thereafter, you can cancel your Annual Membership at the club by giving one full months notice in writing to the club, full settlement of your obligations being the sum paid in advance or the monthly instalments payable up to the end of the notice period. All members will be issued with a receipt which must be kept as proof of cancellation.
Can I bring a guest?
Yes. A fee is charged. Please check at reception for current prices. Should your adult guest choose to join the club that day, the guest fee will be set against their joining fee. You are responsible for the conduct of your guest during their visit. A member can introduce four adult guests at any one visit.
Can children use the club?
DW Sports Fitness clubs are primarily adult clubs but we welcome a restricted junior membership at £15.00 per month or £10.00 per visit. Juniors are classed as 2 years to 14 years of age inclusive.
- Junior usage times are Monday – Friday 2.00pm – 5.00pm, Weekends / Bank holidays 9.00am – 12.00 noon (Excludes Preston. Please check with your club as times may vary).
- Infants up to 2 years of age are free of charge. Usage times are the same as juniors.
- Juniors cannot use the gymnasium
- Juniors cannot use the steam room & hot spa
- Juniors must be accompanied by parent whilst in the club
- Juniors cannot introduce guests
- Juniors must have exited the pool and changing rooms at the end of the above session times
- Juniors 8 years and older must change in the changing room appropriate to their gender
Can I put my Membership on hold?
Yes. Memberships are continuous but can be suspended by giving 10 days notification before next direct debit is due. There is a minimum of two months suspension period with no maximum limit and a monthly charge of just £5 payable by Direct Debit. This facility is only available after the initial 6 month commitment has passed. Should you wish to suspend then choose to cancel after the direct debit run, you will still be required to give a FULL calendar months written notice paying the correct membership rate i.e. Peak/Off Peak. Cancellations cannot be given whilst on suspension. You must be a live member to serve the calendar month notice. You can however, return from the suspension period early and pay a pro rata rate for the remainder of the calendar month.
Will there be someone to show me how to use the Gym equipment?
Yes of course. We have a team of highly qualified and friendly Personal Trainers who will show you safe and fun ways to enjoy your experience at DW Sports Fitness Clubs. Please see the reception team to book your Personal Training session.
SUNBED HEALTH & SAFETY INFORMATION
It is essential that you understand the aspects, possible dangers and safe practice of indoor tanning. Please Read the Following Carefully:
- An indoor tanning system should be treated with the same amount of caution as normal sunlight. It is important to build up your tan gradually, particularly if you have sensitive skin.
- Never repeat tanning treatment if any signs of redness remain from previous sunbathing or tanning.
- Wear goggles or approved protective eyewear (available free from reception). Remove contact lenses, keep eyes closed and avoid looking directly at the light tubes. Do not tamper with or touch the light tubes whilst using the equipment
- Health and Safety information relating to sunbed use is prominently displayed adjacent to the sun units - please read it prior to use.
If you suffer from the following, please consult your doctor before using the sunbeds
Ill effects from normal sunbathing, epilepsy, giddiness or fainting, headaches or migraine, a heart condition, hypertension, prickly heat, cold sores, allergies, skin ulcers or taking any form of prescribed drug, ointment/lotion, antibiotic or tranquilliser, diabetic, pregnant or hypersensitive to light?
CAUTION: your skin may be extra sensitive if you have had any of the following skin treatments in the last 24 hours
- Hot waxing
Please note on regular intervals throughout the year the tanning equipment will be re-tubed. Please take this into account when using the tanning equipment, as the strength of the tubes will be greater. Notices will be displayed at this time. You may wish to reduce the length of time spent using the equipment.
- Children aged 4 and under require 1 to 1 parental supervision
- An adult may supervise a maximum of 2 children aged between 5 to 14.
- Before entering the pool area you MUST SHOWER.
- Please shower between using different wet area facilities.
- Please remove all deodorants, makeup and perfumes.
- Please ensure you towel dry before re-entering the changing rooms.
- Please read the spa rules and the steam room rules which are prominently displayed in the pool area before using the facilities.
- Please be aware of lane structure where applicable and adhere to any lane policies.
- Please be courteous to other users. We do not recommend swimming when you are the only person in the pool.
- Children under the age of 14 are allowed in the spa or steam room.
- No glass or food shall be taken into the pool area at any time.
- Running, jumping, diving or unruly behaviour is prohibited and the use of snorkels, ippers and beach balls is also prohibited unless for training purposes.
- Please note that the swimming pool is not continuously monitored by lifeguards however CCTV cameras are in operation at all times and are regularly checked. Emergency buttons are also situated around the pool.
- Entry and exit to the pool and spas must be via the steps only.
- People suffering from gastric illnesses should not swim until 48 hours after all symptoms have ceased.
The above protocol is designed to promote a safe, hygienic and enjoyable place for you to spend your leisure time.
Thanks for your co-operation.